Charm City Knits

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Still obesessing.......and obesessing........

I'm still trying to decide on which yarn to use for Stitch Diva's Fitted Bodice. I've fallen in love w/ many silk/wood blends but couldn't decide on one to substitute and then begun to worry whether I would get gauge with my chosen yarn. I thought about trying the Andean Silk from KnitPicks but really wanted to make sure I picked a yarn/color that I loved and one I wouldn't regret using for whatever reason. Of course, I more or less ruled out the Tilli Thomas Pure & Simple because of cost. THEN.........................I received these.

OMG!!! The Tilli Thomas Pure & Simple is to die for!!! The depth of the colors; the sheen of the silk; the touch.........heaven. Sarah at Sarah's Yarns was kind enough to send me the color cards as I was obesessing about the colors and which one to use should I decide to spend the $$$ - etc...etc..(It's just a continous cycle that goes on and on and is never ending).

I am HAPPY to report that I will be, in about a week's time, the proud owner of 5 skeins of Tilli Thomas Pure & Simple in Ruby Wine for my Fitted Bodice. I'm so in love with the yarn that I'm already planning a long sleeved version in either Jade or one of the blues as soon as Ruby (Yes, I'm going to call my sweater Ruby) is off the needles.

BTW - The colors of the Andean Silk are lovely. Hollyberry is close to the Ruby Wine with less sheen as it is 55% Super Fine Alpaca, 23% Silk, 22% Merino Wool. I do like the Andean Silk and will use it for a future project but for SD's Fitted Bodice I decided to splurge on the Pure & Simple.

3 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Pixiepurls said...

how exciting :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

It's funny: I actually read your post about the Pure and Simple after I ordered mine: and then panicked, wondering if the yarn was that good. I hadn't seen any color cards, so I just guessed on a color that I thought looked good and immediately wondered if I ought to have requested the color card first instead. YOU, of course, took lovely photos of the color cards, but not the ones containing the color I ordered (the burnt olive: darn you anyway). Now I just have to sit back and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for my silk to show up!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

BTW: Got my pure and simple today, and I find myself being jealous of my own yarn: it is just that awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home