Charm City Knits

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lovin' the Fabric

I have almost finished my sister's Twitterpated.

So now my thought are turning to fabric for the lining and what to use for handles. I have been silently coveting some Amy Butler fabric for some time. Ginger Bliss and Charm are gorgeous but I was in the mood to actually see, feel, touch the fabric so I was off to Joann's. While I didn't find anything close to the Amy Butler Fabric, I was happy with my purchase. All have a vintagey 60's kinda feel which is working for me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
click here for larger image

The pink and brown (#1 from left) and the brown multi-colored (#3 from left) are my options for the taupe purse. The yellow multi-colored (#2 from left - center) is for the pink yarn. The fabric is fun and I think goes well w/ the design.

Now I'm having issues w/ handles. Joann's are vinyl which are okay but I'm wondering if I should splurge on leather handles or maybe beaded handles like Norma used on her Sophie Bag. Aren't they beautiful? They are from Gibson Girl Design.

Hmmmmmm.......what to do. Any opinions?

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Well, the purse already has some pizazz (sp?) in the form of the ruffle. Plus any of those linings will add some punch, too. So, while those beaded handles are gorgeous, they may be too much.

I have used the "pleather" handles before and was satisfied with them, especially for a knit bag. How much more would the real leather cost?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home