Charm City Knits

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Knitting Action

It will probably amaze the majority of you but there has been some actually knitting going on at CCK.

For Mother's Day I knitted my sister the flower washcloth from Weekend Knitting. It was so much fun watching it come together. I missed out on the Chocolate Soap from Simpler Thyme when I was at the MSWF but ordered some on-line to include in her gift as she is a chocolate junkie.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I finally finished Stefanie's Camisole Tube, however I was disappointed, okay very disappointed that it was too big for me. Strike that, it was HUGE!!!!! I knitted the large and it was at least 4 inches too wide. It actually fell, gaped and pooled it was so big. Blocking it must relaxed the stitches which I'm sure added to the size issue. I used a lovely wool yarn called blackberry that I got from Purl in CA, I think. Anyway I love the color too much to pass on onto a girlfriend, so I'll be frogging it and re-knitting in smaller size in the future. My sister has also put in a request for a brown one.

I am winding yarn tonight for my next two projects which will be worked w/ stash yarn. Okay one stash yarn and one recently acquired stash yarn; so recent that it's still in the mailing envelope!! I'm probably the last one to jump on board the Jaywalker wagon but I'm going to give it a go in Mama E's Pretty In Pink colorway. Isn't her yarn YUMMY!!! And boy on boy how I wish I could go on the SEA SOCKS Cruise 2007 she's helped put together.

Project #2 is this beauty
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
in Rowan Wool Cotton from the stash. Isn't the Krista Tee from White Lies Design just GORGEOUS!!!!! I just can't wait until she's finished!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks girl!

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!, Lady of the East I am impressed, a wonderful job.

Distance Dad

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Candy

Randy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home