Charm City Knits

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, August 26, 2005

I just want to FINISH something!!!!!!

I won't, can't go into the number of projects I have on the needles attempting to "get gauge" or the yarn patiently waiting to be made into something. I haven't finished (begun) any of the summer projects I planned and now I'm thinking about winter knitting. Scarves and soft, warm and yummy sweaters! Rosedale United, Ribby Cardi, Klaralund, Mariah etc....All the luscious yarn and patterns I set aside this Spring to begin Summer knits. Summer knits, lol; not a one done. Except for my sister's OSW and my niece's bag. Of course, my lovely silk
clapotis is just sitting there, looking at me accusingly. I love love love this yarn and I love the pattern but I'm not sure if I love them together. Of course this was my fourth or fifth yarn buy for the Clapotis pattern. I'm sure it's not the pattern or the yarn, it's me. I had a horrible time setting up the rows; and diligently worked until you dropped the first stitches and now it sits. A little voice in my mind says finish it, you'll feel better. Another voice says buy some neutral yarn; you'll actually use it more. And yet another voice says take that yummy silk and turn it into a lovely summer shell, tank, OSW, anything that you'll wear/use more than Clapotis as you'll hardly wear it because it matches nothing in your wardrobe. **confused** Oh what to do................:(

2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Hey there. Instructions for a mini clapotis are at Knitpixie. You have to sign up to get to the free patterns but it doesn't take long at all.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger weaselrina said...

I have the same Clapotis issues you do, I keep starting and stopping it, I love it but it gets heavy after a while and my attention starts to wander..

Just stopped in in response to your post on the knittyboard and will be back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home