Charm City Knits

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, September 21, 2007

Hanami Progress

I had a rough start with my Hanami. I cast on and knit the 6 garter stitch rows 10 million times (okay, it was really like 9 time, YES 9 TIMES!!!), then I would start my 1st row of the basket weave chart and have four stitches left over. I'd pull back, re-cast on my 99 stitches; knit the 6 rows, row 1 of Chart A - four stitches left over. Frog, cast-on on 99, knit 6 row, row 1 Chart A - extra four stitches.............ummm anyone seeing a pattern here? The cast on was for 95 stitches, how I read 95 as 99, 9 different times is a mystery to me (clueless). I am halfway through my 1st repeat of Chart A and I'm loving it. I decided to go w/ metal needles in a US 4. I splurged for the Addi lace needles which I absolutely L-O-V-E!!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I used size 8/0 silver lined clear beads on the edge and absolutely adore them. I have to agree with Melanie, they look like tiny droplets of water.

I think I'll be behind most of you as we progress unless I turn into a turbo knitting goddess and crank out 6.5 repeats of Chart A this weekend. I'm thinking the chances are slim to none but who knows, the Knitting Gods may smile on me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home